Orientation Day 2 + My flight to Houston

Also the second of Orientation was super cool 🗽
In the morning we had workshops again and as conclusion we had a little game show, where the teams were playing against eachother. Unfortunaly my team (the green team 💚) didn´t won, but we were on the second place.
In the afternoon we visited New York City again. At first we did a guided tour through the famous Central park and we saw a lot of places where famous series and movies were filmed (e.g. we saw the place where Blaire and Chuck get married in Gossip Girl). After that we went on the "Top of the Rock" (Rockefeller Center). The view over Manhattan was breathtaking and I took a lot of beautiful pictures. Naturally we had free time and this time we had it on the Time Square and parts of the Broadway. That was pretty cool.
At the End we had Dinner in a Restaurant called Opry City Stage. I had a cheesburger (I ate my first american burger 🍔 Yummy!). It was really tasty and really much, so I didn´t had enough space for the sweet, an american apple pie.
Back at the hotel we had a meeting and get information about our flights to our host families.

Well the our flights to our final destinations were a mess. A lot of flights were canceled and almost every flight had delay. Mine too. I was awake since 4:15 am, ´cause one of my room maids were supposed to leave the hotel at 5:15 am, so we had the wake up call at 4:15 am. 4 hours later I went to LaGuardia airport in Queens for my flight to Houston. At the beginning everything was good. I checked in, went through the security check, found my gate and went to the boarding. When everyone sat in the plain, things started getting worse. After our plain was standing at the tarmac for 1 1/2 hour, there was an announcement that said, that we needed to get back to the gate, because our flight was canceled. We didn´t move and then suddenly the pilot said that we can start now. 
Finally I arrived at Houston and my LC picked me up at the air

port, because my host family was still on vacation.

Comments